Thursday, December 08, 2005

Band music

Today I'm introducing a new media type to the blog -- audio! The Buffalo Grove Symphonic Band's fall concert was recorded and put on CD, and I've ripped a few tracks for you to enjoy (I hope) and maybe even copy to your iPod...

The Merry Widow by Franz Lehar

The Genius of Ray Charles arr. by Michael Brown

Perpetual Motion by Johann Strauss

Perfection it isn't, but that kind of goes with the territory with a community band recorded live in concert. All in all, I think we played well.

(Note: I put these MP3 files on my Comcast personal web page directory, which is free with my internet service. I can already see that the files take up most of my storage space, and I'm not sure if I'll have bandwidth problems.)

[08:40:00 17 JUN 2006] Update: The above entry used to have links to MP3 files. I've taken the files down to free up space in my Comcast directory.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home