Monday, August 22, 2005

Weekend at Winfrey's

This past weekend I took a vacation to Union Pier, MI, with my parents, sister, and brother-in-law. We spent Sunday afternoon at what used to be Oprah Winfrey's country estate, just inland of Union Pier.

poolside

Neither of these women is Oprah. Nor do they know Oprah. But somehow a friend of my brother-in-law managed to buy this place from her. And that's how we ended up lounging by her erstwhile pool.

photographers

Here I caught my parents both taking pictures of the same vista. It was an absolutely gorgeous day. (So stop looking at it through a viewfinder!)

Situated on the property are a house, a 20-room guest house, a pool house, a log cabin, and a stable. They've got horses. Oh, the conspicuous consumption! Gotta love it, at least for a day. I can't imagine taking on the responsibility of maintaining such a property, but then, I'm far from being in a position to own one.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home