Friday, May 20, 2005

Tree House cat shelter update

In March, there was a fire next door to the Tree House cat shelter, which I wrote about here. Yesterday I decided to take a walk south of Foster to view the scene for myself...

tree house

(Note: This is the first image I've uploaded to my blog -- a bit of an experiment. If it doesn't display properly in your browser, let me know!)

The building that burned down is now gone without a trace, as if nothing had ever stood there. And sure enough, there's fire damage on the side of the shelter. You can see the darkened siding just to the left of the tree trunk.

After the fire, I received a letter from the Tree House that told of the successful evacuation. Fifteen of the cats were adopted during the ordeal, which is definitely good news. But there was also a bit of sad news. The Tree House is home to over 300 cats of all ages. Although I am sure they are well cared for, not all of them are in good health. The evacuation was too stressful for two of the older cats, and they passed away as a result.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home