Monday, May 16, 2005

Blogging from home

Yesterday was my band concert, so now that I'm no longer preparing for it, I'll have more time to devote to the blog. The concert went OK, but as my mom commented, "It's not the Chicago Symphony." Thanks, Mom.

I have a request from Mimi for the program, but unfortunately, I didn't get a written program, and the music has already been returned to the band's library. So here is what I can piece together:
American Overture for Band -- Jenkins
Porgy and Bess Suite -- Gershwin
Conertino for Marimba and Orchestra -- Creston
Adagio for Strings (without strings!) -- Barber
Stephen Foster something or other -- I can't remember the title
Fete Dieu a Seville -- Albeniz / Cailliet

* Intermission *

Danza Espanola -- ???
Amazing Grace -- Ticheli
A Chorus Line
Count Basie something or other -- I can't remember this title either
Grease
Capriccio Espagnole -- Rimsky-Korsakov
A recording of the concert is available on DVD (seriously!). Yours for just two installments of $19.95... order now! But wait, there's more!!! The DVD can also be used as a coaster...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home