Tuesday, December 30, 2008

A year without blogging

In this year, now almost over, I've hardly updated the blog at all. A lot of things have happened in my life that are blog-worthy, but the more there is going on, the less time I have to blog. A rundown of the year:

- In January, my employer did something I found to be unforgivable. I started updating my resume.
- In February, I got married. (Still no regrets.)
- The bride and I spent the latter half of February on our honeymoon in Italy, Spain, Morocco, the Canary Islands, and Madeira.
- In March, back in Chicago, I found myself commuting to work 60 miles every day through a minefield of potholes. About every week I was taking my car into the shop to get tires, wheels, brakes, suspension, etc., fixed. I started sending my resume to recruiters.
- In May, we went to Orlando and went to the Fringe Festival with my father-in-law.
- As soon as we got back to Chicago from the Fringe Festival, we went into the bedroom. I will not disclose details of what took place, but some time later, the wife emerged from the bedroom pregnant.
- In July, my cat turned 15.
- Also in July, I got a job offer and gave notice at my old job.
- The wife and I took a trip to New York City in August before I started my new job.
- In September, my grandfather passed away, which I wrote about.
- In October, the wife and I took a trip to Philadelphia to visit my brother-in-law and his family.
- In November, I voted. Change happened -- I voted for the winner, for a change.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home