Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Too much soup makes the lid go pop

A few days after I started wearing the brace on my broken wrist, I decided to make a can of soup for dinner. Progresso has recently started putting pull tops on their soup cans, but after this last experience with one, I think I'll stick with the can opener. Because of the wrist, I tried to open it with just my left hand, curling one finger through the tab while gripping the sides of the can with the other fingers. Pop! The whole lid popped off at once, and one end of it sprang up and embedded itself right into the side of my pinky. Reflexively, I flung the can away from me, spilling its contents all over the kitchen walls, counter, and floor. Blood was streaming from my left hand, and my right hand was still pretty much out of service. Oy vey. Stay away from those pull tops. That's all I can say.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home