Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Too much music makes the concert go long

My band had its spring formal concert this past Saturday. When I broke my wrist, I was afraid I wouldn't be able to play, but I managed. Here is a photo from the concert (note: copied from the band director's flickr page without his permission):

spring_concert1a

The guy in the lower right of the picture is me. If you look carefully, you can see the brace on my right hand.

I think the concert went fairly well. As usual, the program was probably a little longer than it needed to be, and I think it was the most difficult program we've ever played. The band director wants to keep pushing the band to do more, but he should realize that we're just volunteers. We did have a couple professionals play for this concert: Gene Pokorny, principal tuba of the Chicago Symphony, and Gene's wife Beth Lodal, both played with us in the tuba section. Pokorny and Buffalo Grove Village President Elliott Hartstein were the featured soloists in our performance of Tubby the Tuba.

1 Comments:

Blogger Uncle Wally said...

Who gives a rat's ass :o)

5/06/2007 10:53:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home