Monday, November 07, 2005

ChicagoBloggers

I have not been doing a good job of updating the blog lately. Since the band concert last week, I've been busy catching up on other stuff. I spent a good part of this past weekend planting bulbs squirrel food in the yard.

A while back I sent a request to ChicagoBloggers to be added to their list of blogs. I thought I'd hear from them or something, but nothing happened. Months went by. Now I find out my site is listed there. Here's the graphic for my CTA line, which I might decide to add to my sidebar:

grand-red-black


You might be asking, "'This is grand?' What is that supposed to mean???" Here's my theory...

On the 'L' trains, when you approach a stop, an automated voice comes on the P.A. to announce the name of the stop. If you take the Red Line down to the Grand Avenue stop, it'll say, "This is Grand." This theory, however, runs into trouble when you consider that all the graphics, for all the train lines, say the same thing, even though only the Red Line and the Blue Line have stops at Grand Avenue.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home