Friday, March 11, 2005

We learn the sad truth

Well, this isn't the good stuff I alluded to in my previous post. I'm still doing some research on that. (Anyway, there's some conceit in saying "stay tuned" in that it assumes that there's someone out there anxiously waiting to see what'll show up next on this blog.) In the meantime, I thought I'd post a little something...

I've previously posted about the Lefkow family murders, most recently here. As most people know by now, the perpetrator has been identified as a troubled man who had once brought a case before Judge Joan Lefkow, a man named Bart Ross. I had suggested that white supremacist Matt Hale, or some of his followers, might have had something to do with the murders, but the new information exonerates him. Which demonstrates why I was prudent to use cautious language in my earlier postings. Anyone could point to a motive, considering Hale had previously solicited Lefkow's murder -- but a motive is not sufficient to prove guilt.

So in the end, we find that it was a lone, deranged individual who did this. Someone who was afflicted with paranoid delusions that "the system" was singling him out for persecution. Someone who inexplicably concluded, through tortuous logic, that Judge Lefkow was somehow part of a conspiracy against him. It's a heartbreaking story in that you can imagine how it might have turned out differently. And you want it to have turned out differently.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home