Sunday, November 12, 2006

Twelve on the twelfth

A while back, one of my coworkers told me about this thing she heard about where, on the twelfth of the month, people take twelve pictures and put them up on the internet. I can't find any reference to this anywhere, so maybe it's an internet meme that has long ago fizzled out, and I'm behind the curve. Anyway, I thought it would be fun to do, so here is my day in photographs...

jazzy_silhouette
... (1) I wake up. My cat Jazzy is sitting on the bed next to me.

grendel_breakfast
...(2) Grendel, the temporary cat, has his breakfast.

breakfast
...(3) And I have my breakfast. Note the Bob Chinn's cup, the National Geographic, and the book Bowling Alone.

grendel_naptime
...(4) After breakfast, I found Grendel taking a nap on my office chair.

shower
...(5) Taking a shower. There's a glass block window on the wall opposite the shower head. I like how the light that comes in through the window gets distorted by the glass blocks, and then gets distorted again when it reflects off the water in the tub.

grand_ave
...(6) I took the Red Line downtown.

grand_ave02
...(7) Walking east on Grand Avenue, it gets a little desolate between Michigan Ave. and Navy Pier. The banners are for the Sculpture Objects and Functional Art Expo (SOFA), which is where I was headed.

navy_pier
...(8) The entrance to Navy Pier.

newhart01
...(9) Outside Navy Pier, there is a statue of Bob Newhart in his TV series role as a psychiatrist. That's my girlfriend on the sofa.

newhart02
...(10) Me discussing my neuroses with a statue of Bob Newhart.

downtown
...(11) We got out of the SOFA show around 4:45, and it was already getting dark.

red_line
...(12) The CTA Red Line at night.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I look much better in person. Really.

11/13/2006 01:44:00 PM  
Blogger Scott said...

I love the “Twelve on the Twelfth” concept! I would love to see the same happen on the OMI blog.

And congrats on the girlfriend! The mood on your blog as late seems almost giddy.

Note to girlfriend: you had best be nice to our dear friend as he is very well liked…

11/14/2006 12:43:00 PM  
Blogger Scott said...

Whoops! I forgot to add the "Muhawhawhaw"

Just looking out for you.

11/14/2006 07:41:00 PM  
Blogger Mark M said...

Welcome to my blog, The Girlfriend. And thanks, Scott. I didn't realize the giddiness came through in my writing. I'll have to watch that.

11/14/2006 09:29:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home