Thursday, August 31, 2006

Jean Michel

Monday I wrote about the new espresso machine and how it made everything right with the world. It was hyperbole of course, but alas, how I was wrong!

Whenever we would have trouble with our espresso machine, we'd call Jean Michel, the coffee guy, and he'd come and repair the machine. He was the one who pronounced our old machine dead, and it was through him that we ordered our new one. He installed our WMF 1400 on Monday afternoon and stayed into the evening to help us program it. It was one of his last acts.

Tuesday evening, he decided to do some work in his garden before going to bed. His body was discovered there the next morning, tragically, by his two young children. He had suffered a massive heart attack, apparently without warning. Jean Michel was only 53.

It's a reminder of how unpredictable life is. Outwardly, Jean Michel appeared perfectly healthy. Who would have guessed that this could happen to him? When I heard the news, I picked up my coffee cup and got myself a cappuccino. Savor it... who knows what the future holds?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home