Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Reasons to be hopeful?

A while back, I posted an entry about my friend who has a brain tumor. His treatments last fall were unsuccessful, and he had to have surgery again last month. Last night he left a message on my answering machine, and he sounds well. It was good to hear his voice.

I also wrote about the woman in my band who I'd normally share a music stand with. She has lymphoma. She was unable to play in Sunday's concert, but she was in the audience. As everyone was filing out of the auditorium, she and her husband came down to the stage and called out to me. It was the first time I'd seen her since I heard about her illness. She says she is recovering and hopes to be back for the fall concert.

Then there's the administrative assistant in my office who recently found out she had a liposarcoma, which is a very dangerous form of cancer. She had surgery last month. It went well, and she plans to return to work soon.

None of these are happy stories. Their outcomes are still in doubt. People fall ill, they seek treatment, there is improvement... and perhaps, they are restored to health. Let's hope.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home