Saturday, May 06, 2006

Pigeons

Bushy tailed rats. Wait, no... That's what I said about squirrels. Rats with wings? It just doesn't sound as poetic.

Starting last summer, the pigeons have taken more and more interest in my back porch. Last week, my neighbors and I did our annual porch cleaning and washed off all the bird droppings. The very next day, I walked out onto the porch... and right into it. It looked like a pigeon had exploded in the night, covering the porch in feathers and droppings.

I immediately got on the internet to place an order for bird spikes from a company called deterapigeon ("the pigeon deterrent people (TM)"). They arrived from England yesterday (fancy imported bird spikes), and I put them up today.

One of the best things about the product was the instruction CD that came in the box. Not that it contained any profound revelations -- the spikes were easy to install. But there was one scene where the guy doing the demonstration was installing them on a ledge, and you could hardly hear him over the squawking of the birds. It was downright Hitchcockian... Well, maybe with better production values it would have been. Anyway, I was entertained.

2 Comments:

Blogger Mark M said...

You know, after seeing what the pigeons did to my porch, I must admit that visions of pigeon heads mounted on pikes did enter my head. But I am no killer... I leave that job to my cat, which she does very poorly.

The bird spikes do not harm the birds. When they try to land, they realize there is no good surface to set down on, and they fly away. Pigeons may not be too bright, but give them some credit.

BTW, I hear through the grapevine that you're dealing with a lot of crazy stuff right now. No need for you to elaborate here... Anyway, I'm glad you found a moment to pop in and harass me. Don't be a stranger.

5/12/2006 11:28:00 AM  
Blogger petersteel said...

that was really nice to read that.. that was really great post.. it seem great information ... for more information regarding pigeon deterrent spikes,pigeon deterant, pigeon bird control, bird control problems, pigeon deterrent u can visit http://www.usabirdcontrol.com

12/28/2009 06:23:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home