Friday, January 20, 2006

Plastic milk jug ring

Because I always buy milk in cartons by the half gallon, it had been a while since I'd been in possession of a plastic milk jug ring -- you know, the part of a milk jug cap that breaks away when you twist it open. Yesterday, I was filling the cappuccino machine at work with milk and needed to open a fresh gallon. It's my lucky day, I thought to myself. I took the plastic ring and put it in my pocket.

This morning, as I was getting ready for work, I emptied the pockets of the pants I wore yesterday. Across the room, my cat was curled up in her bed; she had been in a crabby mood all morning. I waved the milk jug ring at her. "Look what I found!" I said. As soon as my cat saw it, she let out what I can only describe as a feline squeal of delight. I tossed the ring on the floor, and she immediately jumped out of bed and began batting it around and pouncing on it.

At the pet store, you can buy all sorts of things to keep your cat amused: glittery balls, catnip mice, feathery things, motorized toys. But the best cat toy can be had for the price of a gallon of milk.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

It's the only thing my cat will play with.

1/21/2010 11:24:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home