Sunday, October 09, 2005

Like there's no tomorrow

I missed an interesting Senn Tomorrow Task Force meeting last month. From what I hear, the chairman resigned and no replacement was named. This effectively dissolves the task force.

It looks like the pessimism I expressed in my last entry on Senn High School was well founded. Many of the task force members really wanted to see something good come out of it, and so they formed a new group -- Friends of Senn. Unlike Senn Tomorrow, Friends of Senn is not supported by any governmental unit. I've heard they would like to work more closely with the Local School Council, but the LSC has been pushed around and undermined so much through this whole thing, I wouldn't be surprised if they resist any outside help.

I also missed last month's Save Senn Coalition meeting, and I'm not sure what the status is of that group. In my previous entry, I gave a link to their new website, but when I checked the link just now, I was directed to a Go Daddy page that says: "This domain name expired on 09/25/05 and is pending renewal or deletion."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home