Sunday, October 08, 2006

My name in the Tribune

This is weird. I was reading the Home & Garden section of today's Chicago Tribune, and I found the following article:
Crabapple might need to be moved

By Lee Randhava
Special to the Tribune

Q: My two crabapple trees bloomed beautifully this spring, but their leaves are abnormally small. What would cause this? -- Mark Maslov, Chicago

A: Stunted growth can be caused by lack of nutrition, root damage, disease or improper culture. Infertile soil, heavy clay or soil that is subjected to periodic flooding might not contain enough nutrients to promote healthy growth...

...And so on. So now the whole world knows that I might need to move my crabapple. I hope, at least, that my case will serve as a lesson to other gardeners.

The weird part about this is that I don't recall if I ever told the Tribune about my crabapple problem. And they never told me they were going to publish this article (not that I mind). I did bring a cutting from one of the trees into the Chicago Botanic Garden for evaluation and filled out a report there, so maybe they forwarded it on to the Tribune?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home