Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Here I am

I've posted a few pictures here -- some of family members, but not one of me... until now.

wadingpool

I'm the guy on the left.

If it doesn't look like I was enjoying myself, it's probably because I wasn't. I can barely open my eyes in the blinding sunlight. I'm sitting in lukewarm water up to my navel, and the inflatable pool has that characteristic odor of warm polyethylene. Mom kept my shirt on, wisely protecting my shoulders from harmful radiation, but now the tepid water is starting to soak in, creeping uncomfortably upward to my chest. Oh, how I wish I were napping in my crib! I'd get up, but I know I'd just end up with grass clippings on my feet. You can be sure that when Mom comes back, I'll raise my arms, asking to be picked up.

Look at that guy across from me, the one who looks so happy. He's totally bought the hype, but then he's younger than me, and less experienced in the ways of the world. I wonder if he might have peed in the pool. Maybe that's why he's laughing.

The little lady in the middle is my sister. She's thinking that sitting in the pool might not be the best thing she's done, but maybe if she just waits a little bit, something good will happen. And she wouldn't want to miss out. Anyway, her bathing suit matches the color of the pool so perfectly, and that counts for something.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home