Thursday, April 14, 2005

Comcast's DNS problems

Normally, I have trouble updating my blog because I don't have enough time. Thanks to Comcast, this week I had a different reason.

Off and on for the last seven days or so, Comcast has been experiencing "service outages" where their network's DNS servers fail to serve up IP addresses. So I try to check my e-mail at mail.comcast.net... and the name can't be resolved to an IP address. No e-mail for you! I try navigating to the blogger.com site... again, the IP address for blogger.com can't be resolved.

Like I said, the outages have been occurring for a whole week. That's one quarter of a billing cycle. Hey, Comcast -- I'm not paying for your service so I can see my web browser report: "Host unreachable."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home